CodeWeavers recently released CrossOver 12.1.1 for Linux and Mac. This update has allot of new features as well as bug fixes.
About CodeWeavers Founded in 1996 as a general software consultancy, CodeWeavers focuses on the development of Wine –the core technology found in all of its CrossOver products. The company’s goal is to bring expanded market opportunities for Windows software developers by making it easier, faster and more painless to port Windows software to Linux. CodeWeavers is recognized as a leader in open-source Windows porting technology, and maintains development offices in Minnesota, the United Kingdom and elsewhere around the world. The company is privately held. For more information about CodeWeavers, log on to www.codeweavers.com.
You can use ( CxForMe ) as your dealcode in CodeWeavers store you will save 15% off CrossOver for Mac or Linux!
Change Log For CrossOver
12.1.1 CrossOver - January 25, 2013
- Mac OS X:
- Resolved an issue where CrossOver would not register via a serial code.
12.1.0 CrossOver - January 23, 2013
- Mac OS X:
- We have fixed a bug where certain users who chose "Register for all users of this computer" during CrossOver's registration would receive an error claiming their bottle had "expired" and could not be used, despite the user having a valid CrossOver license.
- We have added a preference setting allowing the user to control what CrossOver does with an unknown Windows .exe file when it is launched. Using this preference, the user can tell CrossOver either to treat the unknown .exe file as an application installer, or to simply run it.
- CrossOver will now auto-update CrossTie files if the user has permitted auto-updates of CrossOver itself via Sparkle.
- Fixed a bug where automatic updates via Sparkle would fail for some users on OS X 10.6.8.
- Fixed a bug which caused several games to fail when running in fullscreen mode. Games which should be improved include StarCraft, Fallout, and, we hope, many others.
- Fixed a bug which prevented some users from logging into World of Tanks servers.
- Running Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 12.04 with CrossOver 12 triggered a bug in the Compiz window manager which caused a CPU spike. We have added a registry key which can be used to disable the feature which caused Guild Wars 2 to trigger this bug, thus making the game playable with Compiz on Ubuntu.
- Fixed an issue where the screen would go blank during the installation of some programs.
- CrossOver no longer ships Wine-Mono, an open-source replacement for .Net, by default. We had started doing this for CrossOver 12 but the large increase in download size and disk space usage proved too much. CrossOver can still download and install Wine-Mono as-needed.
- We have fixed a bug which caused CrossOver to print unnecessary error messages when launching Windows applications, complaining that certain icon files could not be found.
- New translations for Polish & Chinese (China), and a partial translation for Italian.
- Application Support:
- Fixed connection errors with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 when connecting to hosted Exchange servers.
- Fixed a bug which caused adding a table of contents to a Microsoft Word document to fail.
- Fixed an issue where Quicken failed to download WebConnect and QFX files.
- Fixed an issue where Quicken crashed viewing investment details.
- Fixed an issue where Quicken crashed when expanding columns in reports.
- Fixed a bug which caused clicking on a promotional offer in Quicken to crash.
- Fixed some connection failures with Quicken 2011.
- Fixed an issue where rotated text was garbled in PowerPoint 2010.
- Fixed a bug selecting shapes in Visio 2010.
- Fixed a crash on launch in HCFA-1500.